The First Step
If you are interested in adopting a child or children from God's Littlest Angels, please contact us to request detailed information regarding the process of adopting. In order to ensure that you receive the correct information package contact Jean by clicking here.
For More Information
Be sure to check out our "FAQ About Adoption" section to find information that may be relevant to the questions you have.
Things to Know
- The adoption information is large. If you have a hotmail address, please send another address, either postal address or another email address such as yahoo, that will allow us to send a large file.
- IBESR does not allow single men to adopt.
- IBESR allows single women to adopt. GLA adopts to single women over 35 years old.
- IBESR does not allow same-sex couples to adopt.
- IBESR has a minimum age limit for parents. Couples must be at least 35 years of age unless there is documented infertility.
- IBESR requires that couples be together at least 10 years.
- IBESR will allow families with biological children to adopt with a Presidential dispensation. (special approval)
- All families must use an adoption agency to prepare their dossier and help them through the adoption process.
- The Haitian government requires families to travel to Haiti twice during the adoption process. Once after IBESR (Haitian Social Services) approved to appear in front of the local Haitian judge, and then at the end of the process to take your children home. This is a new requirement for all countries.
Documents Requiring Notarization
The documents currently requiring notarization and legalization by IBESR are:
- 1. Home Study / Etude du Foyer
- 2. Psychological
Evaluation / Evaluation Psychologique
- 3. Letter to IBESR /
Lettre de l'IBESR
- 4. Power of Attorney /
- 5. Birth Certificate/Acte
- 6. Marriage License /Acte
- 7. Reference Letters /
Lettres de Recommandation
- 8. Employment
Verification / Verification d'Emploi*
- 9. Medical Exam / Examen
- 10. Bank Statement /
- 11. Police Clearance /
(Please note that some countries require ALL documents to be legalized. Check with us for your particular country.)
Make 4 copies of your complete dossier and send them to Haiti along with the original documents. All documents should be typed and not handwritten. This will make the process quicker in IBESR.
Pour Les Familles Francophones
Faites quatre (4) copies de vos dossiers et envoyez les en Haïti avec les originaux. Tous les documents doivent être tapés et non pas manuscrits, cela facilitera la rapidité du processus avec l'IBESR.
Policy Regarding the Selection of Children for Proposals - If you are considering completing an adoption through us, please take the time to read our policy regarding how we will select the child(ren) to propose to you. It is very important that you understand and agree to this approach before you begin down the path of adopting through us. You can read this policy by clicking here.